- This event has passed.
G4G volunteers @ Potluck in the Park May 2018
May 13 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pmFree
Join Gamers for Good as we serve with Potluck in the Park feeding Portland’s hungry @O’Bryant Square.
Potluck in the Park is an all volunteer organization that has served a free hot meal to anyone in need since 1991. Most importantly, each volunteer strives to treat everyone at the meal with dignity, respect, friendliness and kindness.
Volunteers and guests come from all walks of life, diverse groups who normally would not mix share a community project by serving a meal. Potluck in the Park is an extraordinary example of what caring citizens can do to enrich and revitalize their city.
- Wear comfortable, casual clothes in layers—we clean up outside, even in bad weather!
- Provide time to park – street parking is available but fills up quickly, so please provide ample time to find a parking spot and walk to the park
- You won’t need a food handler’s card to serve food, but we do follow restaurant rules: Please tie back long hair; If you aren’t feeling well, please tell the sign-in person and plan to do a different job.
Please plan to arrive at/by 2pm and stay until 6pm, to help with takedown and cleanup. Thank you!
At Sign-in Volunteers receive name tags color-coded to match their area assignments.
Download a sample of the assignment worksheet (pdf)
is main meal service, including hot foods, salads, cut fruit, yogurt, and snacks.
serves sliced and buttered bread and desserts. Whole fruit and loaves of bread, for Guests to take home, are also offered here. As there are no hot trays handled in this area, it’s a good place for young teens and children to start at Potluck.
Gold Areas are miscellaneous support stations.
• Church Groups serve Beverages every Sunday. Potluck Volunteers help.
• Pet Food is distributed weekly.
• Recycle & Cleanup Volunteers work throughout the meal and afterward.
We try to keep Groups together; if we can’t do this, please understand the need to have all areas covered. One of our Supervisors may need to re-assign you later; please be prepared to be flexible.